On Thursday 30th April, MPI and MBIE amended the restrictions on some animal care activities - including dog walking, grooming, and daycare - which were originally not permitted during Alert Level 3. The new guidelines do allow for these, provided that it is a contactless service and operators have a WorkSafe plan in place.
If you're planning to reengage the services of a dog walker or trainer (or groomer, or daycare facility), make sure they have a Covid-19 safety plan, and that it's available for you to see.
The key points in my plan are:
- Solo walks only - no bubble mixing
- Existing (pre-lockdown) clients only - no new clients, no work under contract to a third party
- All walks will be on-leash
- All walks will commence from the client's house - no driving to a walk destination
- Strict hand hygiene and physical distancing