The Treat & Train (formerly known as the Manners Minder) is a remote-controlled food dispenser and training device that enables you to achieve precise reinforcement timing for fast, fun, and effective training!
Whether you're a dog owner or a professional trainer, the Treat & Train Remote Dog Trainer can dramatically increase the speed, precision, and effectiveness of your positive-reinforcement training. Veterinarian and animal behaviour expert Dr. Sophia Yin invented the Treat & Train based on behavioural science and how animals really learn. She developed and thoroughly tested it in lab and clinical trials. The result is a remote-controlled reward dispenser and training system that allow you to efficiently teach dogs at a distance (or nearby) to perform almost any behaviour, from everyday skills (such as potty training) to specialized skills (such as those used in agility, obedience, service, and military work).
When you use the Treat & Train, the signals you give your dog are precise and clear, and the training repetitions are rapid. That means your dog will understand very quickly what you want of him. With the Treat & Train remote control in your pocket, training becomes faster, easier, and fun!
- Remote control allows for precise training when reinforcing desired behaviour
- Uses positive reinforcement for training at home and in competition. The system can also be used to train behaviours ranging from down/stay to coming when called and specialty skills such as contacts, place and go-outs.
- By rewarding desired behaviours, the system can be an invaluable tool in helping redirect a dog’s focus away from barking at the door, jumping on guests, and begging at the table
- Hand-held remote operates up to 100 feet away
- Small or large sized kibble can be used with interchangeable food discs
Your Treat & Train training system contains
- Hand-held remote control that can operate on 4 channels and that emits a signal capable of traveling through walls up to 100 feet. The remote runs on a 23A-12V battery, which is included.
- Food-dispensing base unit with 2 inter-changeable kibble disks for different sizes of food or treats. The base unit weighs just over 3.3 lbs. and is 13.6"L x 8.8"W x 7.5"H. 4 "D" batteries (NOT included) are required for operation and will last for approximately 6 months of training.
- Extendable target wand with removable base
- Instruction booklet and DVD