I'll be honest: I'm always suspicious of things with moving parts, however, these SPIN bowls seems to be robust, and provide a novel challenge. I also like the versatility and being able to adjust the pieces to vary the complexity. These bowls are suitable for both dogs and cats, although Barney begs to differ!
Here is the official blurb from the manufacturer:
The Pet Dreamhouse SPIN Bougainvillea feeder is a slow-feeding & interactive puzzle game for dogs featuring a spinning flower-shaped top in the centre that hides kibble and treats. The spinner can be removed and flipped over to reveal extra compartments in the petals.
SPIN's complex structure encourages natural behaviours such as digging, sniffing or licking to slow down eating, and to prevent choking or other potential hazards from eating too fast.
By adjusting the rotating resistance, the game-like feeder also keeps your dogs/cats entertained during meals, and excises their mind. Turning the replaceable spinner upside down will add even more variations.
- Interactive slow feeder food bowl for dogs with flower-shaped spinner in the centre
- Interchangeable spinner hides treats/kibble in the bowl below and can be removed and flipped over
- Extra food/treat compartments in petals when the spinner is upside down
- Anti-skid rings on the bottom of the bowl to keep it in place
- Food-grade ABS plastic material free of PVC and BPAs and is recyclable
- Beginner-level slow-feeding puzzle game
- Compatible with SPIN Interactive Feeder Lick Frisbee (sold separately)
Dimensions: Approx. 25cm x 9.2cm